Storkey & Co Limited is an international management consultancy established in 2001 to provide independent specialist advice on sovereign debt management to central and state/provincial/local governments, and government enterprises.
The company sub-contracts or works in partnership with recognised experts who have considerable international experience in the financial markets and in public sector debt management. With their extensive project and change management expertise, they have developed an international reputation for delivering the highest quality practical solutions. The company's expertise has been highly valued by all the international financial institutions on technical assistance projects as well as with capacity building and training.
Consultancy Director Ian Storkey has spent over 30 years working in financial markets and public sector debt management as an international consultant and for the New Zealand Treasury (Debt Management Office) in Wellington and London. Over the past 15 years, this work has been focussed on providing policy advice and project management expertise to government clients to enable them to build their capacity in the areas of public debt, cash, and risk management (particularly operational risk including business continuity planning), and treasury and debt/risk management systems.
He worked with the World Bank to develop the Debt Management Performance Assessment (DeMPA) tool that has been applied in nearly 80 assessments. DeMPA evaluates strengths and weaknesses in public debt management, through a comprehensive set of 15 performance indicators covering six core areas of public debt management: (1) governance and strategy development; (2) coordination with macroeconomic policies; (3) borrowing and related financing activities; (4) cash flow forecasting and cash balance management; (5) operational risk management; and (6) debt records and reporting. He has also developed the methodology used by the IMF for operational risk management including business continuity and disaster recovery planning in government treasury and debt management operations.
Storkey and Co Limited's website provides information on public debt, cash and risk management, including the establishment of a debt management office (DMO). There is a library of documents and presentations along with a list of public debt management training providers and DMO publications. There are links to international financial institutions, sovereign debt management offices, debt management units, sub-national debt management units and other relevant or useful sites.
Recent, Current or Scheduled Assignments
- World Bank DeMPA training course in Shanghai, China (January 2014)
- World Bank DeMPA mission to Suva, Fiji (January 2014)
- ADB debt management mission to Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar (February-March 2014)
- IMF business continuity mission to Bogotá, Colombia (March-April 2014)
- ADB Fourth Asian Regional Public Debt Management Forum, Tbilisi, Georgia (April-May 2014)
- ADB debt management mission to Phnom Penh, Cambodia (May 2014)
- ADB debt management mission to Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar (June-July 2014)
- World Bank debt management reform plan mission to Suva, Fiji (August 2014)
- World Bank DeMPA mission to Kathmandu, Nepal (August 2014)
- ADB debt management mission to Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar (August-September 2014)
- IMF business continuity mission to Lima, Peru (October 2014)
- IMF business continuity mission to Bogotá, Colombia (October 2014)
- ADB debt management mission to Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar (November 2014)