Storkey & Co Limited is an international management consultancy established in 2001 to provide independent specialist advice on sovereign debt management to central and state/provincial/local governments, and government enterprises.
The company sub-contracts or works in partnership with recognised experts who have considerable international experience in the financial markets and in public sector debt management. With their extensive project and change management expertise, they have developed an international reputation for delivering the highest quality practical solutions. The company's expertise has been highly valued by all the international financial institutions on technical assistance projects as well as with capacity building and training.
Consultancy Director Ian Storkey has spent over 35 years working in financial markets and public sector debt management as an international consultant and for the New Zealand Treasury (Debt Management Office) in Wellington and London. Over the past 18 years, this work has been focussed on providing policy advice and project management expertise to government clients to enable them to build their capacity in the areas of public debt, cash, and risk management (particularly operational risk including business continuity planning), and treasury and debt/risk management systems.
He worked with the World Bank to develop the Debt Management Performance Assessment (DeMPA) tool that has been applied in over 80 assessments across central and subnational governments. DeMPA evaluates strengths and weaknesses in public debt management, through a comprehensive set of 14 performance indicators covering six core areas of public debt management: (1) governance and strategy development; (2) coordination with macroeconomic policies; (3) borrowing and related financing activities; (4) cash flow forecasting and cash balance management; (5) operational risk management; and (6) debt records and reporting. He has also developed the methodology used by the IMF for operational risk management including business continuity and disaster recovery planning in government treasury and debt management operations.
Storkey and Co Limited's website provides information on public debt, cash and risk management, including the establishment of a debt management office (DMO). There is a library of documents and presentations along with a list of public debt management training providers and DMO publications. There are links to international financial institutions, sovereign debt management offices, debt management units, sub-national debt management units and other relevant or useful sites.
Recent, Current or Scheduled Assignments
- ADB debt management mission to Nay Pyi Taw and Yangon, Myanmar (January-February 2016)
- World Bank DeMPA mission to Port Moresby, PNG (February 2016)
- ADB debt management mission to Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar (March-April 2016)
- ADB Asian Regional Public Debt Management Forum, Istanbul, Turkey (May 2016)
- ADB debt management mission to Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar (May-June 2016)
- World Bank subnational DeMPA training course design, Home Time (June-July 2016)
- SECO HIPC-CBP evaluation, Home Time (July-October 2016)
- SECO fiscal risk management evaluation, Home Time (July-November 2016)
- SECO comparing IT systems study, Home Time (July-October 2016)
- ADB debt management mission to Nay Pyi Taw and Yangon, Myanmar (August 2016)
- SECO fiscal risk management evaluation mission, Jakarta, Indonesia (September 2016)
- ADB debt management mission to Nay Pyi Taw and Yangon, Myanmar (September-October 2016)
- ADB debt management mission to Nay Pyi Taw and Yangon, Myanmar (November-December 2016)